What is the Musical Fund Society (MFS)?
- The Musical Fund Society of Philadelphia, established in 1820, is the oldest continuing musical organization in the United States. The Society has served a number of functions over the course of its rich history, and is today a philanthropic organization dedicated to supporting music in Philadelphia.
- MFS fosters the careers of emerging young artists and ensembles through grants, opportunities, and mentoring.
- The Foundation of the MFS is a fully tax exempt entity which accepts financial gifts to further the goals and programs of the Society
Who are the members of The Musical Fund Society?
- Performers, composers, and music educators
- Business professionals working for musical organizations as well as those in other fields who are supporters of musical activity in Philadelphia
What do I need to do to be considered for membership?
- Membership in the MFS is open to all in the musical community
- You must be proposed for membership by a current member and approved by the Committee on Admissions.
- See the list of members on our website for a friend or colleague who will propose you for membership
- Contact one of the members from the Committee on Admissions
- Susan Ashbaker firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peter Burwasser email@example.com
- Mark Huxsoll firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Bob Marvin email@example.com
- Stu Serio firstname.lastname@example.org
When may I become a member?
- At the December and May meetings
- At the receptions hosted by MFS prior to select sponsored PCMS concerts
- At the annual summer MFS night at the Mann Center for Performing Arts
Is there a fee or other costs to join the MFS?
- Annual dues of $55
- The December reception for members costs $25 ($15 for prospective members) and the annual meeting/dinner in May costs $75 per member ($50 for prospective members).
I was a member in the past. What do I need to do to re-establish my membership?
- Contact one of the members of our Committee on Admissions (listed above). We welcome our former members to return, and it is not required to re-join in person.
Advantages of membership
- Networking opportunities
- Philadelphia Chamber Music concerts that MFS sponsors (complementary tickets, paying only a small fee per ticket for processing and mailing)
- Invitations to our two annual gatherings, both featuring live musical entertainment.
How do I find out more information about the MFS?
- Our website!
- Our Membership Committee (listed above)