Home / Membership / Fast Facts
What is the Musical Fund Society (MFS)?
- The Musical Fund Society of Philadelphia, established in 1820, is the oldest continuing musical organization in the United States. The Society has served a number of functions over the course of its rich history, and is today a philanthropic organization dedicated to supporting music in Philadelphia.
- MFS fosters the careers of emerging young artists and ensembles through grants, opportunities, and mentoring.
- The Foundation of the MFS is a fully tax exempt entity which accepts financial gifts to further the goals and programs of the Society.
Who are the members of The Musical Fund Society?
- Performers, composers, and music educators
- Business professionals working for musical organizations as well as those in other fields who are supporters of musical activity in Philadelphia
What do I need to do to be considered for membership?
- Membership in the MFS is open to all in the musical community
- You must be proposed for membership by a current member and approved by the Nominating Committee.
- See the list of members on our website for a friend or colleague who will propose you for membership or contact email@example.com.
When may I become a member?
- At the December and May meetings
Is there a fee or other costs to join the MFS?
- Annual dues of $65
- Our Winter and Spring Receptions are open to members and their guests and include live music and an opportunity to share food and drink with your friends. Check the Meeting Schedule page on our website for the latest information on dates, times and tickets!
I was a member in the past. What do I need to do to re-establish my membership?
- Contact one of the members of our Committee on Admissions (listed above). We welcome our former members to return, and it is not required to re-join in person.
Advantages of membership
- Networking opportunities
- Philadelphia Chamber Music concerts that MFS sponsors (complementary tickets, paying only a small fee per ticket for processing and mailing)
- Invitations to our two annual gatherings, both featuring live musical entertainment.
How do I find out more information about the MFS?
- Our website!
- Our Membership Committee (listed above)
- or contact our office at 215-703-7766